Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist (Registered BACP Member)
Shelley is the Founder of Sunrise Wellbeing Therapy Centre in Leicester, a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist and experienced Trainer in Leicestershire. Shelley is also a certified Mental Health First Aider, Youth Mental Health Champion and Emotional Literacy Practitioner. Shelley has worked within a variety of roles supporting children, young people and adults, including working as an Assistant SENDCo within a primary and secondary setting. Shelley is passionate about supporting and counselling individuals with their current and past difficulties through a friendly, non-judgemental, creative approach with a special interest in the field of supporting Trauma, Grief, Neurodiversity & Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
Shelley’s expertise and knowledge is also regularly sought with her being invited to speak on BBC Radio Leicester, a variety of podcasts and through her role as Visiting Lecturer at Colleges and Universities, including UCL Great Ormond Street.
Shelley has achieved:
- Master of Science in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (Person Centred, Attachment & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- PG Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- PG Certificate in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- FdA in Children, Families & Community Health
- Certificate in Working with Trauma
- Trained Bereavement Counsellor
- Professional Development in: Childhood Trauma, Healing the Inner Child, Attachment, Somatic Memory, Neurodiversity, Art Therapy, Mindfulness, Complex Grief, Adverse Childhood Experiences, Safeguarding, Autism Tier 3,
Counselling and Therapy for people of all ages in Leicester and Leicestershire
Shelley undertakes regular supervision and professional development in line with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical framework, holds a current DBS and is an Individual Member of the BACP. Shelley practices from the Sunrise Wellbeing Therapy Centre in Anstey, Leicester where she provides 1:1 counselling and psychotherapy to children and young people (6-10 week programme) and longer-term therapy to adults of any age. Sessions can also take place online via Zoom video or phone call.
To make an enquiry, please visit our Contact page.
- Children (from Age 7 upwards)
- Young People
- Training & Workshops
Shelley regularly posts on the Sunrise Wellbeing social media accounts. Follow these pages for up-to-date news, events and wellbeing tips.