Shelley is passionate about offering a therapeutic service to help people of all ages with their presenting issues, to support their mental health and wellbeing and to provide them with strategies and skills that can prevent their troubles from escalating. We are all just trying our best in this busy world but sometimes need a little support along the way, especially in times of difficulty. This is why it was always Shelley’s dream to be able to offer a hub of therapeutic and holistic support to all.
Shelley is delighted to provide an award-winning holistic therapeutic service to support children, young people and adults to meet their own individual needs and is proud of creating our Wellbeing Therapy Centre which opened it’s doors in July 2020.
At our centre we now have over 20 Associate Wellbeing Practitioners & Therapists, along with our volunteer team of trainees working towards their therapy qualifications. Our centre team provides a wealth of experience and support to our communities, in person and online.
Shelley is also an experienced trainer providing workshops and training on a wide variety of mental health and emotional wellbeing topics supporting schools/colleges, businesses, practitioners and parents/carers and her expertise is often sought from people further afield. As well as being Managing Director of Sunrise Wellbeing Partnership C.I.C. you may also catch her on BBC Radio Leicester as she is a regular on Jimmy Carpenter’s Zen to Eight feature, offering support and advice to listeners.
Here is a summary of Shelley’s qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc (Master of Science in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy) with a special interest in the field of supporting Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (Accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (Accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Associate Counsellor at The Laura Centre supporting adults & children through bereavement
- Experience of Counselling & Psychotherapy within an education setting, charities and private practice
- Foundation Degree (FdA) in Children, Families & Community Health
- Accredited Mental Health First Aider, Certified Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) & Youth Mental Health First Aid Champion (MHFA England), Accredited Parent Facilitator and Trained in supporting Autism (Tiers 1-3)
- Over 20 years’ experience of working in education across Primary, Secondary & College provisions – roles include; Wellbeing Officer, PSHE & RSE Co-ordinator, Parent Support, ELSA, Trainee Counsellor, Assistant Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator in Primary & Secondary, Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) Teaching Assistant and Recruitment & Admissions Officer
- Vast development training in Working with Trauma, Somatic Memory, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), Mindfulness, Art Therapy & Emotional Literacy, Autism (Level 3), Attachment, Dyslexia, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Loss, Self-Harm & Suicide Awareness, Bereavement, Behaviour, Self-Regulation, Mindfulness & Resilience
SUNRISE Wellbeing Partnership C.I.C. is a controlled not-for-profit social enterprise to further maximise the wellbeing and potential of children, young people & adults