I am passionate about providing a therapeutic counselling service to help people of all ages with their presenting issues, to support their mental health and wellbeing and to provide them with strategies and skills that can prevent their troubles from escalating. We are all just trying our best in this busy world but sometimes need a little support along the way, especially in times of difficulty.
I am delighted to provide an award-winning holistic therapeutic service to support children, young people and adults to meet their own individual needs and am proud of creating our Wellbeing Therapy Centre – offering a hub of therapeutic support to people of all ages.
I currently offer short and long-term psychotherapy sessions through a friendly, non-judgemental Integrative approach, drawing from modalities such as; person centred, attachment, cognitive behavioural therapy, compassion focused therapy and mindfulness. Sessions are either face-to-face, telephone or through video.
I am also an experienced trainer providing workshops and training on a wide variety of mental health and emotional wellbeing topics supporting schools/colleges, businesses, practitioners and parents/carers.
Here is a summary of my qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc (Masters of Science in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy) with a special interest in the field of supporting Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (Accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (Accredited by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Associate Counsellor at The Laura Centre supporting adults & children through bereavement
- Experience of Counselling & Psychotherapy within an education setting, charities and private practice
- Foundation Degree (FdA) in Children, Families & Community Health
- Accredited Mental Health First Aider, Certified Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) & Youth Mental Health First Aid Champion (MHFA England), Accredited Parent Facilitator and Trained in supporting Autism (Tiers 1-3)
- Over 20 years’ experience of working in education across Primary, Secondary & College provisions – roles include; Wellbeing Officer, PSHE & RSE Co-ordinator, Parent Support, ELSA, Trainee Counsellor, Assistant Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator in Primary & Secondary, Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) Teaching Assistant and Recruitment & Admissions Officer
- Experience of working with children, young people and parents/carers with SEND, implementing support interventions, assessing progress, assisting them to understand their difficulties/diagnosis, finding strategies to meet their own learning style
- Supporting children, young people and adults with emotional needs & current difficult circumstances improving their mental health & wellbeing
- Devised an extensive emotional support service in a primary setting with recognition from Ofsted & the charities Headstogether & Place2Be
- Created successful mindfulness and emotional support-based clubs & activities improving mental health & wellbeing across the whole school
- Vast development training in Working with Trauma, Somatic Memory, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), Mindfulness, Art Therapy & Emotional Literacy, Autism, Attachment, Dyslexia, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Loss, Self-Harm & Suicide Awareness, Bereavement, Behaviour, Self-Regulation, Mindfulness & Resilience
SUNRISE Wellbeing Ltd. is an independently owned and controlled not-for-profit small business to further maximise the wellbeing and potential of children, young people & adults