Person Centred Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Tom is a person-centred counsellor who takes inspiration from various other therapeutic modalities, such as: the solution-focused approach, cognitive-behavioural therapy, art therapy and existential psychotherapy. Tom has experience working both as a bereavement counsellor with adults as well as working with young people (aged 11-16) at a high school with Place2Be. Tom has experience dealing with issues such as: stress, anxiety, depression, family/relationship difficulties, low self-esteem, panic attacks, anger management and meaning/purpose in life. Tom works with clients to help them with any issues they bring to the session and will explore several ways in which he can support them, regularly checking in with clients to ensure counselling is offering them what they need. Tom is patient, passionate and provides a judgement free environment for people to explore their concerns.
Tom has achieved:
- MSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy – Keele University (BACP Accredited)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Concepts and Skills Development
- Training and experience working as a bereavement counsellor
- Training and experience working as a young people counsellor with Place2Be
- BA in English Language and Psychology
- Training days on various subjects, including mindfulness, art therapy, spirituality, working with metaphor, cultural competency, eco-therapy, signposting and working with suicide/self-harm.
Tom uses the BACP Ethical Framework to guide his ethical decision making and has regular one to one supervision to ensure he works ethically and within his competence. Tom also has an up-to-date enhanced DBS check to work with adults and young people and is fully insured.
Tom practices from the Sunrise Wellbeing Therapy Centre, you can contact him using the details below: